Lexington Singers Children's Choir Auditions
The next round of auditions for LSCC PREPARATORY, INTERMEDIATE, ADVANCED, and CHAMBER choirs will be on Tuesday, January 9th, 2024.
Auditions are private and last about ten minutes per student. During the audition, the student will be asked to perform a short song followed by selected vocal exercises. Please select a song from folk music, hymns, classical, or a foreign language (auditionees are strongly encouraged not to perform pop songs for auditions). Older students will complete a short theory worksheet and those auditioning for Chamber Choir will perform a sight reading exercise.
After completing the audition request form, you will be contacted about an individual audition time slot. Please reach out to email@example.com if you have additional questions.
Additional Information for LSCC Placement Auditions
NOTE: The following COVID policy/protocol applies to all Children's Choirs effective August 16, 2022:
- The guidelines in use by Fayette County Public Schools regarding vaccination and masking serve as our basic standard.
- Vaccination is NOT required for any participant.
- Masking is OPTIONAL for all participants.
- Families are expected to notify the organization if their child tests positive or shows symptoms following their participation in a rehearsal or other activity.
- Children who test positive are expected to not attend rehearsals or other activities in person during the recommended isolation period and wear a well-fitting mask when attending in-person for the 5 days following the isolation period.
- This policy is subject to change if circumstances in our area change. We may also be subject to different policies and protocols based on venue or collaborating group requirements.