Lexington Singers Auditions
Joining the Lexington Singers adult choir:
Spring 2024 Semester auditions for The Lexington Singers will take place on Friday, January 5th, 2024.
The audition will include tonal matching, determination of range, and some sight reading. No prepared piece is needed!
If you are a prospective member who would like to audition for the Spring 2024 season, please fill out the audition form--click on the button below.
Here are two simulated auditions.
In one scenario the auditionee learns music best by ear.
In the other video the singer is comfortable sight-reading music.
Both types of musicians can be valuable to the Lexington Singers, so if you are not a great sight-reader you should still consider auditioning.
Do you have questions about membership in the Lexington Singers--(when do we rehearse, when do we perform, how much are dues, what are the uniforms like, etc.)? Click here!
NOTE: The Lexington Singers Board has adopted the following COVID policy/protocol for the Adult Choir effective August 16, 2022:
- Vaccination is NOT required for any participant.
- Masking is OPTIONAL for all participants.
- Members are expected to notify the organization if they test positive or show symptoms following their participation in a rehearsal or other activity.
- Members who test positive are expected to not attend rehearsals or other activities in person during the recommended isolation period and wear a well-fitting mask when attending in-person for the 5 days following the isolation period.
- During rehearsals, we will try to spread out as much as possible. Back rows of the rehearsal space will be reserved for those who are masked and prefer not to have other members singing towards them. Be aware that spreading out may not be possible during performances.
- This policy is subject to change if circumstances in our area change. We may also be subject to different policies and protocols based on venue or collaborating group requirements.