Children's Choirs Mission Statement
The Lexington Singers Children's Choir (LSCC) was formed to provide opportunities for the children of Lexington and the surrounding communities to participate in a quality choral music education program and to further musical understanding among all peoples regardless of religious, racial, cultural or economic background.
The Lexington Singers Children's Choir consists of four choirs:
- Preparatory Choir
- Intermediate Choir
- Advanced Choir
- Chamber Choir
- More information about each choir [here]
- Tuesdays (starting September 4, 2012)
- Begin: 4:30 p.m. for all choirs
- Dismissal times:
- Preparatory Choir: 5:20
- Intermediate Choir: 5:25
- Advanced Choir: 5:30
- Chamber Choir: 5:40
- Children are expected to attend every rehearsal (early Sept - early Dec; mid Jan - mid May) as well as all performances and dress rehearsals.
- If children are unable to sing both semesters due to other commitments, they may sing only one semester without penalty.
- Tuition is $120 for Preparatory and Intermediate Choirs (with reduced rate of $210 if paid for entire year in September)
- Tuition is $140 for Advanced and Chamber Choirs (with reduced rate of $235 if paid for entire year in September).
- Scholarships are available in the case of financial hardship
Dress Requirements - FOR ALL LSCC MEMBERS:
- LSCC Polo
- Khaki pants or skirt
- Black skirt (knee length or longer) for girls; black pants for boys
- Chamber Choir has additional requirements
- The required shirt and other LSCC accessories can be purchased on-line [here]
LSCC Chaperone Form
- Chaperone Form (Adobe Acrobat format: .pdf)
- LSCC Info & Medical Release (Adobe Acrobat format: .pdf)
Check out the LSCC Calendar [here].